Sunday, January 26, 2014

Are we in California yet?

My blog has been given a makeover as inspiration for California.

It has been a COLD few weeks here in Boston. Because of that, the majority of my training has been treadmill-focused. Here was my prescribed training plan for the past two weeks and how things have been going:

DatesMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturdaySunday
1/13-1/19Rest3 m run3 m run3 m runRest3 m run60 min walk
1/20-1/26Rest3 m run3 m run3 m runRest6 m run30 min walk

Tuesday 1/14
Track workout at Tufts. I met up with a couple Crossfit friends for an early morning speed workout at Tufts. In our workout we did a 800m warm up,  then 3x200 with 100m walking breaks in between, 3 times, then some bodyweight stuff between each round. This is what is looked like:

800m warm up
track warmups: broad jumps, butt-kickers, high knees
3x200 max sprint, 100m walks in between
20 jumping squats
1 minute plank hold
3x200 max sprint, 100m walks in between
20 pushups
1 minute plank hold
3x200 max sprint, 100m walks in between
20 jumping squats
30 second side plank each side
800m cool down

I was surprised with how fast I went on the 200m sprints. My garmin says my top speed was 4:55 on the sprints and my overall averagepace was 6:47. zoom! I didn't do the total 3m as prescribed, but this speed work felt great.

Wednesday 1/15
AM: 3 mile run on treadmill, easy 9:20 pace

PM: Crossfit!

Shoulder Press (3 RM)

12 Minutes to hit a 3RM

Metcon

Sweet Pea (Time)

2 rounds for time
- 1K row
- 50 DU
- 20 TTB
- 1 rope climb
rest 5 minutes between rounds
Woof.

Thursday 1/16
3 miles on treadmill, easy 9:15 pace. Right knee feeling a little weird but not bad. I also developed a pretty bad cold for the next few days so i took them off from working out.


Sunday 1/18
3 miles on treadmill, 9:00 pace with some speedwork in the middle. first day back from feeling sick,


Monday 1/19
MLK Jr day so off from work! Had the chance to go to the noon WOD which was nice:

Weightlifting

Press Complex ( 5 x complex ascending)

2 Push Presses + 1 Push Jerk without putting bar down.

Metcon

The Ants Go Marching (2x 2) (AMRAP – Rounds and Reps)

Alternate with a Partner
2 Minutes on, 2 Minutes off (x 5)
- 10 Pullups
- 20 Double Unders
I did pretty good at DUs.My longest sets were ~10, but I didn't whip myself too much which was a small victory.

Tuesday 1/20
3 miles on treadmill, hill work. did a 3-5% incline every other song

Wednesday 1/21
3 miles on treadmill, Tempo run
mile 1: warm up (6.0-6.9 every minute increasing)
mile 2: 8:27 pace
mile 3: 9:00 pace

Thursday 1/22
3 miles on treadmill, 9:20 pace. Right knee hurting the whole time. My knee continued to hurt throughout the day, especially when walking down stairs

Friday 1/23
 Rest!

Saturday 1/24
Long run day! For breakfast I had oatmeal made with vanilla almond milk, banana, and a scoop of Teddy's PB. Eaten about an hour before the run:
Displaying photo.JPG

I met up with Olga for this run and it was great. We were going to run on Sunday but Saturday ended up being the warmest day in recent history, a whopping 25 degrees! I parked at my gym, ran the 0.5 miles to her house, then we did a 5.5 mile course around the river. We ended at my gym and she finished her 6 miles by running home again. Here are the splits:


Mile 2 was a little slower since we had to cross a couple streets. Overall, I'm super impressed with these times.I know these are no record breakers, but are definitely way more consistent and fast than I used to be.
My knee didn't hurt at all during yesterday's long run. A couple hours later (after eating lots of food and sitting on a couch at a Crossfit brunch), it bothered me a bit. This morning when I woke up, my right knee felt fine but my whole left leg was super tight: glute, hammy, calf, knee. 

Sunday
75 Minute All levels yoga class at the Corner Studio. The stretching felt so gooood. I'm going to keep doing some lunges and glute stretches this afternoon to try and work out this left side. Here's me now! Icing away the knee and relaxing with a book. Can you spot the pup? Hint: stairs.

Displaying photo.JPG

Goal this week: go to crossfit more than twice. Definitely haven't been getting my money's worth this month but I have stuck 100% to my running plan so I don't feel too bad.4 weeks down, 18 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment