Saturday, April 6, 2013

Half Full

News! I signed up for a half:


Bill and I are going to be on the Cape for Memorial Day weekend this year so I figured why not! Since it's getting to the point where I need to start getting my weekly mileage up in preparation for training this summer, I thought this would be a good kick off. So far I don't really have any particular training plan in mind since they never really go to plan anyway. The next 2 months are super busy too so that kind of structure will get stressful. I'll just plan to keep my weekly mileage consistent with some speed workouts and long runs and hope for the best! We'll see how it goes!

Thursday night I ran home from work. It was great! I need to do this more often. The only tricky thing is planning the gear and proper clothing, but I'm hoping to do this maybe once a week going forward. The commute is only about 15 minutes longer when I run too...go figure.  

Mile 1 got me to Mission Hill

Mile 2 to Northeastern Campus
Pitstop at mile 2.75 (Starbucks Mass Ave)


Mile 3 to the start of the Mass Ave Bridge

 
 Mile 4 to the Asgard (between Kendall and Central Square)

Mile 5 to Harvard

 Then I totally forgot about my cute plan of taking picture every mile until I finished. Whoops.
Success!

I then had plans to go to Crossfit Friday but my legs were not having it at 6am. I brought my workout clothes to work with hopes of going after work instead, but my Friday afternoon ended up looking a little more like this:


 Yup, I love my job.


This morning however, I did make it to Crossfit! Brian's wedding is today so we had a wedding themed WOD:

Love it. This was a partner workout so we worked together to split up the reps until it was all finished. It took us about 38 minutes.



I'm feeling good about my running condition right now! Always a good thing since I sort of despised it for the last 6 months of last year. 10k tomorrow!

Oh yes, and right now:

Post Crossfit Smoothie:
  • 2.5 cups spinach/kale mix
  • 1 cup almond milk
  • 1 scoop protein powder
  • 1 banana
  • 6 almonds
  • 1/2 inch slice of ginger root

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment